Blossom Schools were founded in January 2012 by Professor C. N. Omoifo. The school initially started as a Nursery and Primary School with six pupils, five academic and three non-academic staff. By 2014, the school grew to include a Secondary school level. In the eight (8) years of her establishment, Blossom Schools have grown to over 500 pupils and students. In addition to being Government approved, the institution is accredited for WAEC and NECO examinations.
The Head of Schools is Mr Michael Omoyeni. He is a graduate of Science Education with certificates in Botany and Education from the University of Benin. He is a seasoned practitioner in the school industry. He has over 30 years of teaching- learning experience at the nursery, primary and secondary school levels. He taught in many schools in the then Bendel State. He rose from classroom teacher to Vice Principal in many notable schools in the present Edo State. He is a member of several organisations and associations such as the Science Teachers Association of Nigeria. He is happily married with three children.
The Institution is located at 35 Erhazuwa Street, Opposite Dadev Petrol Station, along Benin-Agbor highway, Iguomon, Ikpoba Hill, Benin.
Our vision is to provide an orderly, peaceful, conducive and productive learning environment that will aid our students in the development of high academic knowledge and skills, sound social and interpersonal skills, good morals and character.
The name Blossom signifies maturity and development in a promising and healthy way. Blossom Schools provides a nurturing environment that promotes the development of skills, positive qualities and experiences.
We are dedicated to delivering effective lessons using innovative methods. Our mission is to also graduate self-reliant students with academic and occupational skills to meet the needs and challenges of the 21st century and beyond, and to produce graduates for the global market place and future leaders of Nations.
Core Values And Beliefs
Our core values include but not limited to:
- Learners first – Our first priority is our Pupils and Students.
- Effective Teaching and Learning – Effective implementation of the approved standard curriculum is the foundation for high quality learning
- Work Ethics – We have a dedicated team of teachers and staff who believe in maintaining high standards for all students
- Community Collaboration– We believe in cultivating and maintaining partnership with the local community
- High Expectation – We believe in providing a high standard of education to meet the needs of all our students
- Character – We are committed to the principle of fairness, justice and equity